Over time, dust and dirt may accumulate on the grilles or grills and blades, inside your Honeywell fan. As a rule of thumb, residential or industrial fans should be free of dust and dirt coating for them to operate at optimum performance. This concern helps you maintain a clean and healthy indoor environment.
The company builds a tower, table, and floor fans. These devices come in different designs, so the Honeywell fan cleaning procedures are not always the same. In this article, you will learn how to clean Honeywell fan the right way.
Generally, Honeywell fan cleaning requires only the use of a soft, damp cloth to gently wipe the outside surface of the fan section between the front and rear grilles or grills should only be cleaned using a vacuum cleaner or compressed air, flexible dustwand or a pipe cleaner. A soft dry cloth should be used to clean the rear grille or grill.
Cleaning a Honeywell Tower Fan
The Tower fans are different from the standard fans we all know. Just like any other type of fan, tower fans do also build up a lot of dust in them. Cleaning this type of fan will require more than just a wipe. Vacuuming appears to be the best options because the fan ought not to be disassembled.
For safety purposes, you must first switch off the fan and unplug it from the power source. You are recommended to use either a wet or dry vacuum cleaner or a blower to remove any built-up dirt on the grates and the air filters, located on the fan.
To clean a Honeywell Tower Fan, make sure you have a soft cotton cloth, cleaning brush with soft bristles, a small bowl, protective mask, and eyewear.
- You can also use a pipe cleaner to remove dust in remote areas inside the fan, especially in gaps between the grilles or grills.
- If you wish to clean the body of the fan, then wipe the surfaces with a soft, damp cloth; Water or dishwashing liquid can also be used.
- You will only need professional services if you detect excess dirt in hard-to-reach places inside the tower fan. Make sure you do the cleaning in a well-ventilated area.
Cleaning Honeywell Table fans
The Honeywell table fans are standard in nature, and mostly they can be disassembled for repair, maintenance, or cleaning. But first, you need to make sure that the fan is not moving or plugged to the power source before you disassemble it.
To clean a Honeywell Tower Fan, make sure you have a soft cloth or cotton swab, cleaning brush with soft bristles, a Philips head screwdriver, a flat head screwdriver, a small bowl, protective mask, and eyewear.
Removal of The Front Grille or Grill for Cleaning:
- Gently Lay the Honeywell Table fan on a flat surface, facing down.
- You will need a standard Phillips head screwdriver to loosen or remove the four or six screws. The screws on the Honeywell table fans are located on the rear grilles or grills.
- Lift the rear housing by the handle and pull the front grille or grill off the fan to expose the blades. At times you might side snaps in place of screws. You can use a flat head screwdriver as leverage or pry between the front and rear grilles or grills to open the clips on the side of the fan.
- Depending on the extent of the dust, you can choose to use a soft damp cotton cloth to wipe the blades or use a soft-bristled vacuum cleaner attachment remove dirt and grime on your fan.
- A pipe cleaner, a can of compressed air or flexible dustwand can also be used whenever you need to deep clean the inside parts of your fan.
- Place back the front grille or grill and reassemble the fan. Gently tighten the screws and Use only a soft cloth or cotton swab to wipe it clean.
- If you happen to find seams around the perimeter of the fan, chances are the fan grilles or grills have been glued together, and a vacuum cleaner or a can of compressed air may suffice.
Cleaning Honeywell Floor fans
Fans that fall in this category are mostly air circulators.
To clean a Honeywell Floor fans, make sure you have a soft cotton cloth, cleaning brush with soft bristles, a Philips head screwdriver, a small bowl, protective mask, and eyewear.
Removal of The Front Grille or Grill for Cleaning:
- Before cleaning your floor fan, you need to turn it off and unplug it from the outlet.
- Gently lay the Honeywell Floor fan face down on a flat surface.
- Use a standard Phillips Head screwdriver to loosen the four or six screws located in the holes around the back of the fan.
- At this point, you can hold the back handle and slowly separate the front grille or grill. In some models, you will have to release the grille or grill clips to remove the front cover.
- Turn the Blade Knob to unscrew and Pull the Fan Blade away from the Motor Housing.
- Gently wipe the Fan Blade and Grilles or grills with a soft, damp cloth.
- When you are done with cleaning your Honeywell Floor fan, reassemble the fan and ensure that the grilles or grills are tightly secured together.
- Some of the Honeywell Floor fans do not need to be disassembled for them to be cleaned. Therefore, you will need to use a soft, damp cotton cloth to gently wipe dirt or dust off the surface and grilles or grills.
Now that you know how to clean Honeywell fan, It is always best practice to clean your appliance regularly, every 3-4 weeks, for optimal performance and improved airflow efficiency.
For long service, ensure that the motor housing does not make any contact with water or detergent you use. Also, gasoline, paint thinner or other chemicals should not be used in any Honeywell fan cleaning.