A Quick Guide
Use this quick guide to identify which type of fans suits best your needs.[supsystic-tables id=5]
When warmer days approach there is nothing we need more than a cooling device that is going to allow us to feel comfortable in our own home and scare away the heat. The market is filled with different options, from fans to air condition units, but the question is what do we need?
An air conditioner is definitely a guarantee that your room is going to be nice and cool I the summer, but we all already know they spend a ton of electricity and can be unhealthy sometimes, especially if you use them in the wrong way. Fans, on the other hand, can be a healthier but also cheaper option but they are only there to circulate the air so the same air is constantly circling in the room. Both options have their benefit and flaws, and the choice is only up to your preference.
Because a fan is a cooling device related to environment, choosing the best fan is knowing what type of environment you will be using it in. Due to differences in use and environments, you will find multiple types of fans from the small desktop USB fan to the big ceiling fan. We wrote reviews on the best fans in the most popular of these categories to make your journey to picking the best fan more easier.
Tips to profit the most from your cooling fan:
- Put the fan near a window when outside your home is cooler than the air inside. This will draw he cool air into your house.
- You may need to clean your air conditioner if you notice that it is suffering to cool your space. This would provide the fan with cool air to distribute it within the room.
- Clean your fan regularly to ensure optimal performance
- You can also use a fan to clear the heat out of your home. This trick is used for the evening, when temperature during the day was high. First open the window and place the fan facing out one of the windows. It will drive the heat out of your home.
- Another trick propose suggested by Good House Keeping is to place a bucket of ice in front of the fan. That way, the air that will be pushed by the fan would have chilled as it would have passed over the ice which will provide the room with a refreshing circulation of air.
And don’t forget to turn the fan off when leaving the room to save some dollars on your electricity bill !